The process of automating routine processes across all sectors has been around since the 1950s. While it has served its purpose in increasing the speed at which tasks are done, the growth trajectory of modern enterprises saw the need for something more intelligent.
Hyperautomation bridges that gap by combining robotic process automation (RPA) and artificial intelligence (AI) and providing intelligent, strategic value to organizations. Organizations around the world have started to adopt hyperautomation to streamline their operational processes. A recent study predicts that the market for intelligent automation of process is expected to reach USD 1,4392.4 million by 2024
For the healthcare sector, hyperautomation is considered the linchpin that will transform its current landscape since the key stakeholders are constantly bogged down by endless paperwork and admin-related tasks.
Some of the areas where hyperautomation can be used in the healthcare sector are:
Intelligent chatbots: Hospitals can adopt intelligent chatbot that can be used by patients to schedule appointments. The platform can provide details about the doctors in each department, and their available time slots, which would make it easier for the patient to book an appointment from the comfort of their home. This would also reduce the potential waiting time for patients in hospitals. It can also have added functionalities like allowing the patient to change the timing of the appointment.
Patient Registration & Discharge Automation: Hyperautomation solutions can be employed to automate patient registration and discharge forms, prescriptions, diagnostic reports, referrals to other healthcare professionals, amongst others. This helps reduce duplication of efforts and the processing time required to complete these tasks.
Supply Chain Management: In the healthcare industry, hyperautomation can help tackle processes like supply chain management by notifying the stakeholders about the demand for necessities at the hospital. This helps in ensuring that the inventory is always maintained at an optimal level.
Insurance Claims: Hyperautomation can be used to extract insurance claim information, identify errors or exceptions, and validate them with pre-defined rules. The solution can be trained to detect cases that are fraudulent and alert the concerned department. Once a claim gets processes, the payment process can also be automated.
Let us look at some of the benefits of adopting hyperautomation in the healthcare industry:
- Routine tasks like appointment scheduling can be automated, which gives healthcare professionals more time to focus on providing optimal patient care.
- All processes from patient registration to prescription can be handled through hyperautomation. This would ensure that patients receive the attention they need, even during peak hours.
- Since the processes will be pre-programmed and trained based on a known set of rules, there will be minimal human intervention. This will increase accuracy and reduce the scope of human errors.
- Intelligently automating routine healthcare tasks also brings about significant cost reduction.
- The analytical data collected from hyperautomation can help healthcare professionals make more informed decisions and design better patient care plans.
- Hyperautomation in healthcare also ensures that it is easy to adhere to compliance regulations and perform timely course correction if needed.
The healthcare industry is on the road to digitization, and adopting hyperautomation will only serve to speed up the process. It will bring about limitless benefits and help healthcare professionals focus on more patient-centric activities and provide optimal care.
To adopt hyperautomation or RPA-AI services for your healthcare organization, consult an expert from Netlabs Global today.